In this tea, we introduce garlic which is a very healthy spice (or vegetable based on how you look at it) into the mix.
- 1-2 cloves of garlic crushed
- ½ inch fresh ginger grated or thinly sliced
- 1 tsp honey (or as much to sweeten the tea to your taste)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups of water
- pinch of black pepper powder (optional)
- Boil 2 cups of water and add crushed garlic and ginger and let it boil for 1 minute.
- Add optional pepper.
- Switch off the heat and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain out the ginger/garlic pieces. Let it cool for a couple of minutes
- Add honey and lemon juice and enjoy warm.
This drink is good for digestion, fighting cold/flu, clearing nasal congestion and sore throat etc.
Recipe note: Optionally 2 tsp apple cider vinegar also may be added to the boiled water along with the rest of the ingredients.