- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ head of cauliflower washed and cut into small pieces (same size as the potatoes)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1-2 jalapenos sliced (seeds out/in)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed
- ½ inch ginger root chopped into fine pieces
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan and crackle optional cumin seeds.
- Add onions, and optional garlic, ginger and jalapenos. Stir until onion becomes translucent.
- Add turmeric, black pepper, and optional curry powder, stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, potatoes, and cauliflower, mix well and then add vegetable broth and mix
- Bring to a boil
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked.
- Switch off heat and add the cilantro and salt.
Mix well and serve hot as a side dish with rice or bread.
- There are many optional ingredients listed, one could use all of them or pick and choose based on your taste.
- The jalapenos vary in their heat level. If you choose to use them, you can take the seeds out to reduce the heat. This note applies to all the recipes in this book.