Turmeric tea with ginger
This is a simple tea (does not use any regular tea bag/leaves) that contain just the wonder spices turmeric, ginger, and black pepper. This is an anti-inflammatory drink that can also provide immediate relief from cold, flu, upset stomach, or nausea.
- ½ – 2 teaspoon turmeric powder or ½ inch – 2 inch long fresh turmeric root, grated
- ½ inch – 1 inch fresh ginger, grated/ sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey (or as much to sweeten the tea to your taste)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper or pepper powder
- 1-2 cups of water
- Put the turmeric, ground pepper and ginger in a cup or pot and add one spoon of water, mix and make it a paste.
- Boil 1-2 cups of water and add to the turmeric & ginger paste. Mix it well.
- Strain out the ginger/turmeric pieces. Let it cool for a couple of minutes and add honey and enjoy warm.
- See more such drinks in my book Fight the Virus